What better way to start the new year than with a fresh new site? That’s exactly what we’ve been working on over the past few months for our long standing clients the William Smith Group 1832.
We first started work for William Smith back in 2015 when we built a custom eCommerce site, providing a digital centrepiece for their business as a leading trade supplier to the sign and graphics industry.
The launch of the site saw an immediate uplift in orders from both new and existing customers and it was hailed as a huge success. Since then we have continued to work with the sales and marketing team to evolve the site over time to keep it in line with changing customer needs. We have also designed and developed a sister site for another company in the William Smith Group, Smith Sign & Display.
As part of our roadmap of work with William Smith there was always a plan to upgrade the site but this was fast tracked in 2020 due to Covid-19. The pandemic has affected every aspect of our lives and business is no exception, it has created huge challenges but it has also presented opportunities too. William Smith took the opportunity to focus on their marketing especially their digital customer offering and the work to create a new site was fast tracked. Since the initial lockdown they have remained open and continued to supply customers across the UK who in turn have been able to keep their businesses moving even in challenging times.
The new website offers an enhanced online William Smith experience with a fresh new design and a range of new features. These include:
- Improvements to the website navigation and user experience in particular for the products area
- Product pages are now enhanced with easy access to information, resources and videos
- Full compatibility with all the latest mobile devices and browsers to allow ordering from anywhere at any time
- A new product search with smarter results to help customers find the right product quickly and easily
- Improvements to the ordering process to make it even easier for customers to place their orders online
- A new support hub and a new training academy, both of which are crammed full of content and resources to support customers
- Live chat has also been added so that users can get direct access to the expert support team
Chris Bradley, Head of Marketing at William Smith Group said “As a business driven by core values of heritage knowledge and service, creating a customer first experience, especially in a digital setting, is a key part of our strategy. We’ve worked with Enigma for a number of years and couldn’t be happier with the work they do for us.
I’m genuinely excited by the launch of the new site and the improved user experience it offers our customers across the board. This year has been challenging for our industry but we have responded to the changing landscape and our digital presence is one way in which we are helping our customers to adapt and be resilient too.”
To view the new site in all its glory visit www.williamsmith.co.uk
If you have a project you’d like to talk to us about we’d love to hear from you, contact us