Summary: Developer sought to join one of the UK's leading Digital Development Agencies.
Are you a smart, enthusiastic developer, who’s looking to work in a fast paced creative environment on a wide range of digital projects from eCommerce to games, apps to business-critical digital applications?
Yes? Then this is a great opportunity to join Enigma’s award winning team.
Headquartered on Newcastle’s quayside, Enigma are a 40 strong team of creative developers, inspiring designers and digital innovators. We work with some of the most ambitious clients from around the UK and design and build market leading web, mobile and bespoke digital applications for them.
A developer at Enigma isn’t just about being a great coder, it’s about collaborating, problem solving, learning new techniques and skills and pushing the boundaries of technology. At Enigma, you’re not the ‘geek in the corner’, you’re at the centre of everything we do.
For a Senior Developer at Enigma, we’re looking for someone who is more than just a great coder. We want people who can help lead and inspire, provide vision and creative solutions, and mentor and manage the next generation of great developers in the latest skills and techniques. Being a Senior Developer at Enigma, you don’t just get to work with the ‘Creatives’, you are one of the ‘Creatives’.
The level we would be looking for would be either:
- Developer – Middleweight – £31K per annum or
- Senior Developer – from £33K DOE
For this role, we would like someone who has…
- Excellent coding and problem solving abilities and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience of languages and platforms such as Java, Magento (PHP), .NET, Python, HMTL, CSS, JS.
- Familiarity with web server technology such as Nginx or Apache.
- An understanding of database design and technology such as MySQL.
- Experience of, or the skills to, help lead the design and development of complex digital and web applications.
- An understanding of how to create high performance, robust, scalable applications to tight commercial deadlines.
- An enthusiasm to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- A passion for creating the very best digital applications.
In return, we offer…
- A vibrant, creative and collaborative working environment
- Internal workshops, demonstrations, tech talks and hack nights
- Regular social events and gatherings
- Pension scheme
- Travel Loan scheme
- Bike scheme
- Holiday buy-back scheme
- Competitive salary + profit share scheme
- Career progression opportunities (Senior Developer, Technical Architect, Software Programme Manager, and Business Leader roles)
Interested? We’d love to hear from you –email us your covering letter and CV